Health And Safety Policy
At Intermin, we are committed to the safety, health and welfare of our employees and their families, our contractors and our visitors, and the safety and well-being of the communities in which we work is of paramount importance.
Intermin and its affiliated companies aim for zero fatalities, zero lost-time incidents and zero workplace health issues. This goal is pursued by promoting awareness, investing in camp infrastructure that provides a safe, healthy environment, with top-of-the-line safety equipment, continually training employees and contractors, and making employees accountable for safety performance.
- Provide team members with the necessary training, guidance, direction and knowledge to safely perform their tasks.
- Require that team members continuously demonstrate the skills and competence essential for their safety and the safety of others.
- Support and encourage the efforts of team members to gain the knowledge and skills to continue to promote a safe and healthy life beyond the workplace.
- Identify risks and hazards of every task, and eliminate, isolate or mitigate the risks and hazards that could result in injury to team members or harm to the environment and local communities.
- Continuously seek improvements in policies and procedures to further lower risk and eliminate hazards through team member communication and feedback, motivation, reward and recognition, health and safety system reviews, and incorporate new technology, techniques and processes.
- Maintain and test emergency response plans to minimize the impacts of unforeseen events.
Fundamentally, INTERMIN believes that all accidents are preventable, recognizing that our team members are fully educated.